Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Rambles of an 18 year old.

I can't seem to find any inspiration these days. So this might ramble...
Right now my life is filled with finals ( well, now they're over), college, and classes. Oh ya and that little thing called work. I hate my job. I'm sick and tired of the favoritism game that is played non-stop. Meh.
I actually have to go there in an hour. But I'm okay with it. But only this once. If I want to have my Friday off, I must work tonight. No problem. I like money.
Money. College costs so much money. That's so scary. Everything costs so much money! Not even just college, but everyday things! People don't realize how much money one shopping trip for me, just one person, costs. Living Gluten Free is not a choice, so I can't just "buy normal food". Because trust me, I wish I could. There are those days that I crave my old favorites. Like Chubby Hubby ice cream... or cookie dough ice cream... I like ice cream.
But a loaf of bread costs 3-5 dollars for me. And that loaf only lasts a week. If I'm lucky. (It depends on how many grilled cheeses I make that week). And it's not even a normal size slice of bread! I get funny looks all the time when people see the size of my sandwiches. It's ridiculous.
This has turned into a ramble about bread. I am so sorry. But since it is the largest thing I can't eat in my life, I suppose it should be the topic of the ramble.
I get nervous for college and how I'll eat. Oops. Back on that whole college topic again... you know, that thing that scares the crap out of me! As my first audition approaches I begin to freak out a little inside each day. Less than a month. February 17th, my mom and I will ship down to Pennsylvania for the weekend... and on the 18th, I allow a college to pick me apart. Will they like me? Will I choke? Will I get in with my talent? I'm getting a little less confident each day. Pace wait listing me has really put a damper on my drive. But I'm trying to push past it so much. I just eat chocolate. A lot of chocolate. So much that I've decided, for each piece of chocolate I eat between now and prom, I will do 20 sit-ups and 20 push-ups. I have the ideal prom dress picked out in my head. I just need Candy, my seamstress, to make it. It's my dream. Now I just have to make it a reality.
How did auditions get to prom? Oh that's right, because my mind is crazy. Kinda like me.

-Courtney <3

0 comments:

Post a Comment