Monday, July 18, 2011

Welcome!

First of all, I'm Courtney. But you could probably guess that from looking around the site already. It's a little bare, I'm working on it. This is my first of many blogs that I have. But it the only one with a true meaning.
Living Gluten-Free.
It is a pain in the butt. It truly is. I'm not sure what it is like for adults with a gluten intolerance, or Celiac Disease, but I'm sure it may be a little easier. Being a teenager with Celiacs is not fun. School lunch ladies don't care, your teachers care, but to an extent, your mother and father try to help, but they don't truly understand. It is difficult. With little income, it is hard to buy food, and even harder to find restaurants that will accommodate you at a low budget. Catch my drift? It's difficult.
So during my April vacation of my Junior year in high school, I began to search for colleges. With my intended major being Musical Theatre, my choices were already limited. But now, with a whole new disease, my choices became even more slim. It was then that it struck me! I should create a blog about living with Celiac Disease as a teen and trying to go to college. There's my thesis statement. That is what this blog is all about. Hopefully, it will stay on that track, but no promises. I am a teen after all, I tend to ramble.
I am going to try to do a whole thought with getting the blog up and running this week, so stick around! Hopefully this ride can be a little easier together :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment